Monday 13 May 2013

Data Sufficiency - 2

Please mark your answers first before referring the same at the end.



Data Sufficiency – 2

Each of the following questions contains a problem and two statements providing some information. Decide whether the information given in the statements are sufficient to answer the problem.

Mark A if statement I alone is sufficient to answer the problem

Mark B if statement II alone is sufficient to answer the problem

Mark C if both the statements are required to answer the problem

Mark D if neither of the statement is sufficient to answer the problem.

 

1.    Does my mother love me?

I.              My mother loves all teenagers

II.            I am twenty-four years old.

 

2.    Is fiction writing popular among present day writers?

I.              Present day writers detest non-fiction writing.

II.            Present day writers read a lot of non-fiction.

 

3.    Was Socrates an honest man?

I.              Socrates lived at a time when honesty was publicly rewarded

II.            Socrates was never rewarded.

 

4.    Did Smith stand first in class?

I.              Smith scored the highest in his class in four out of five subjects.

II.            Smith was jointly highest with four in three out of five subjects.

 

5.    Are newspapers popular among housewives?

I.              Housewives like to be well informed.

II.            Newspaper reading is the only way to keep abreast of happenings.

 

6.     Is word processing the chief application of personal computers in today’s offices?

I.              Word processing is the most easily available package for use in personal computers today.

II.            Word processing has replaced manual typewriters, which are vital to the functioning of an office.

 

7.    Are carbon papers needed these days for making multiple copies?

I.              Cost effective and clearer prints from Xerox machines are much in use these days.

II.            Carbon copies are not as good as facsimile prints.

 

8.    Was Sir Vivian Richards the best West Indian cricketer?

I.              Sir Vivian Richards was the best post-war  cricketer in the world.

II.            Sir Vivian Richards was better than any pre-war cricketer or post-war West Indian cricketer.

 

 

 

9.     Where did cricket originate?

I.              Cricket originated in one of five places, France, Canada, India, West Indies and England.

II.            Cricket did not originate in either France or Canada, and most certainly not in In India or in the West Indies.

 

10.  Is smoking injurious to health?

I.              Surveys have shown that 90 per cent of smokers have died of cancer.

II.            Surveys have shown that almost all cancer cases are because of nicotine fumes.

 

Answers:

1.    (D)       2.   (D)     3.    (C)     4.    (D)     5.   (C)      6.   (D)     7.    (A)     8.    (B)

9.   (C)       10.      (D)

 

     

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment